Designation:Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
MBBS , MHA (Master of Health Administration in Hospital Management), MBA (Hospital Management)/ Post Graduate in Hospital Management
Total Experience Required:10 Years and more in Hospital industry
Responsible for the development of all policies, internal processes and directing of all administrative and operational activities of the Hospital which includes, but is not limited to, the effective use of financial resources, maintenance of financial record systems, coordination of legal matters with outside counsel, direction and supervision of all communications with Managing Director and trustees.
Involved in the planning, direction, and coordination of day-to-day operations at the highest level of management with the help of assistant executives and staff managers.
CEO has the responsibility to ensure almost every aspect of the hospital perform is working efficiently. They need to find a balance in managing the day-to-day operations while leading strategic development initiatives required for long-term success.
- Operations - Ensuring all systems and process of all IP and OP operations (medical and non medical) are smoothened and aligned with the corporate policies and procedures.
- Finance & Revenue Management - Responsible for P & L of the hospital and ensure that profit margin are increased by implementing cost saving projects.
- Branding, Sales & Marketing - Brainstorming on the road map and taking lead in executing along in coordination with the MD and BD Manager to ensure appropriate positioning and brand image of the organisation.
- Clinical Talent - Actively involved in acquisition of clinical talent and on-boarding of consultants of various specialties as per the requirement of the organisation.
- HR - Involved in recruitments of staff with a tight control on manpower costs.
- Reporting head for all clinical and administration departments – Clinical heads, Chief Operations Officer, Nursing head and all other support departments.
- Streamlining medical operations and improving patient services in close coordination with other departments –Pharmacy, Biomedical, Stores, F&B services, Maintenance & Housekeeping.
- Recruitment & retention of manpower required for smooth functioning of medical services.
- Ensuring optimum patient satisfaction by taking daily rounds and regular interactions with the in patients.
- Liasoning with medical bodies for obtaining various licenses- PCPNDT, MTP, Transplant.
- Responsible for empanelling of new consultants.
- Forming/reviewing/amending policies related to medical services.
- Reviewing performance of consultants and clinical heads and submitting reports to top management for further action.
- Resolving patient grievances.
- Reviewing HIMS software (new) and providing inputs to the IT department on making it more user friendly.
- Conducting regular meetings with all heads of departments to ensure smooth functioning of the departments.
- Ensuring that requirements of stakeholders of the hospital are met and to develop a method of collecting their feedback.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control. Participate in effective decision making while retaining overall responsibility and accountability for results.
- Take such action as may be necessary in disciplinary and grievance matters in accordance with the procedures laid down and approved by the Hospital.
- Identify objectives with the Managing Director and agree an action plan ensuring personal development and development of the department.
- Participate in the selection and appointment of staff in accordance with hospital procedures.
Employees of IMH are required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:-
· At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
· Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
· Comply with the Hospital’s Policies.
· Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
· Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course of their employment.
· Maintain high standards of personal accountability.